The All Saints of Russia church was established in 1952 and is the only parish of the Russian Orthodox Church in the state of Colorado. Services are conducted in Church Slavonic and English. There is regular instruction in the faith for both children and adults, as well as for those interested in converting to Orthodoxy. Our choir, which faithfully sings the many hours of church services throughout the year, and our Sisterhood, which prepares meals and cares for the needs of our parishioners in many ways, are also very active. As part of our outreach, the church is open for prayer on Wednesdays.
In 1952, a small group of families determined to found a Russian Orthodox Church in Denver. A bricklayer, a carpenter, a former lighthouse keeper, a technical translator, a retired soil specialist, a draftsman, a plant engineer, a retired soldier, and several other like-minded individuals worked tirelessly and took many risks. For the first few months, services were held in a private family home. In the fall of 1952, a small house at 756 King Street in west-central Denver was purchased for $3000. In time the little community outgrew that location, and in 1966 a parishioner found a church building already prepared to be moved. A site was purchased in a lovely residential area within blocks of the University of Denver, and through the collective efforts of the parish’s talents, skills, and hard work, the structure was relocated to its present location; it stands today as an enduring tribute to the unshakable faith of those first parishioners.
The iconography on the iconostasis is by a parishioner (now reposed) Lev Lominago; that on the rear wall is by Archbishop Alypy of Chicago; and that on the side walls is by Archbishop Alypy and Hieromonk Gregory.
Metropolitan Anastassy of blessed memory, who was then First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, frequently visited the parish in its early years. Our founding pastor was Archpriest Panteleimon Haplanov (1952-1955). The other rectors have been Archpriest John Obletiloff (1955-1956), Archpriest Boris Kritsky (1956-1967), Archpriest Peter Burlakov (1967-1985), Priest Alexey Young (1985-1987, 1993-2000), Priest Justin Grose (1988-1992), and Priest Steven Allen (1992-2000), and Archpriest Boris Henderson (2000-present). In addition, Protodeacon John Ivanov faithfully served the parish from 1969 to 1996. Priest Jan Veselak served at our parish from 1998 to 2019. Priest Michael Preobrazhensky serves at our parish since 2007.
Our parish belongs to the the Diocese of Western America of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR) under the omophorion of our ruling hierarch – Archbishop Kyrill of San Francisco and Western America.